Shadows of the Force Primer
- Baden Rana, male Gungan Soldier 7 (Jon)
- Jedi Knight Rade Gasa, male human Jedi 7 (LancerX)
- Jedi Knight Quest Fios, male Kel Dor Jedi 7 (Lars Porsenna)
- Trenn “Highlife” Zentine, Noble 7 (Hardcorhobbs)
- Zulen Tek, male Arkanian Offshoot Scoundrel 3/Jedi 4 (NukeHavoc)
- Jedi Knight Maddox, male Chiss Jedi 7 (Bob)
- Lanigiro, male human, freelance corporate agent (Nate)
- Fyor, male human Scout (Jim)
- Koth: Zabrak bounty hunter.
- Morgwa, the Roar of Ithor: an Ithorian bounty hunter specializing for non-lethal takedowns. Known associate of Koth.
- Neeida: a Rodian quickdraw artist. Known associate of Koth.
- Lord Koro Lirin: Owner of The Pursuit, and an amateur bounty hunter.
- Lightenders: An elite bounty hunter squad closely associated with the Mandalorians and highly skilled at hunting Force users.
- KT-312: A droid command ship assigned to the Ord Brokell junker fleet, destroyed during the Mandalorian invasion.
- PE-73: A power droid owned by Binary Transports, Inc.
- RGE-3: A protocol droid and accountant owned by Binary Transports, Inc.
- T3-B9: An astromech droid owned by Quest Fios
- YE-32B: A science analysis droid owned by Binary Transports, Inc. and stationed on the Cloudskimmer.
- ZT-01: An astromech droid owned by Binary Transports, Inc.
Unified Force Academy
- Jedi Master Queil, headmaster and sole surviving founder of the academy
- Jedi Master Ren Denobis, Jedi activist, urges a more outgoing role for Jedi in the Galaxy
- Jedi Master Edan Photona, philosopher-knight who advises his students to be mindful of the Living Force
- Jedi Mistress Phaenia, master of technology, created JPD-14
- Jedi Master Qillon Kree, master to Quest Fios, new to the academy.
- Jedi Knight Rade Gasa, male human Jedi (LancerX)
- Jedi Knight Ylona Eveningstar, meditation instructor
- Jedi Knight Xarno of Clan Bumu, battlemaster and lightsaber instructor
- Jedi Knight Adon’ar Rha, male Twi'lek Jedi, former padawan to Quest Fios
- Padawan Rann Nassin, male Mirluka Jedi (Bob)
- Padawan Iiluum Saldit, male Ithorian Jedi, padawan to Quest Fios
- Jedi Master Kineska Almara, a Jedi Investigator the party has run into a few times.
- Padawan Naru, padawan learner to Master Almara.
- Dark Lady Aldera, a Sith conducting research on Zebulon Prime, formerly allied with the pirates of that world, one of the leaders of the Sith Ascendancy, a Dark Side knowledge cult.
- Darth Noblis, the leader of the Sith Ascendancy, a Dark Side knowledge cult.
- Tyrric of Clan Gargon: Cold, calculating clan leader
- Marrax of Clan Gargon: Master tactician
- Rydo of Clan Gargon: Ruthless war leader
- Admiral Jimas Veltraa: One of two Republic generals tasked with defending Taris during the Mandalorian Wars.
- General Erl Wyvron: Retired general from the Great Sith Wars, former military governor of Ord Brokell, leader of the Roughnecks Militia.
- Commodore Dar Stazi: Captain of the Relentless, tasked with the evacuation of the Taris Sector's colony worlds.
- Commander Stel Aldricson: A former leutenant under Erl Wyvron, now commander of the Roughnecks Militia.
- Ara'na: Republic attache to Governor Erl Wyvron on Ord Brokell.
- Boris Ledfoot: Leader of the Scarbrother Swoop Bike Gang in Jolus.
- Chido: the go-to guy for information and news on Jolus.
- Dezzen: A Snivvian weapons dealer who operates out of a number of shadowports, including The Haunt and Port Nadir
- Greemla the Hutt: Crime lord specializing in smuggling, located on Nar Shaddaa.
- Grovagg the Hutt: A Hutt notorious for his role in the Outer Rim slave trade.
- Ral Duris: Pirate Lord, leader of the pirates of Zebulon before their defeat by the Unified Force Academy padawans. Deceased.
- Shifty: Black market specialist on Nar Shaddaa
- Torg Sheperdson: the assistant portmaster of Jolus, until he was discovered as an informant for the Pirates of Zebulon.
- Tolvis Maltern: the charismatic leader of an anti-technology cult the Obsidian Way on the planet of Maltern’s Folly.
- Zaxor: An arrogant but talented slicer believed to be based out of Taris
- Hath Gunray: A Neimoidian businessman, captain of the Profit-seeker and one of the founders of the Assembly.
- Geelo: Rodian businessman and rumored crimelord on Taris.
- Grashhk: Wookie leader of the Wildcat Miners
- Lozek Otmorr: A Zabrakian entrepreneur and owner of the space yacht the Farthest Horizon, based out of Zebulon Beta.
- Orax Davkin: former captain of the Aeon Harrier.
- Korinth Cloudskimmer: former captain of the Ruby Raptor for Starrior Expeditions, died in a battle with the Pirates of Zebulon.
- Corcen Ardayen: a wealthy real estate developer, and amateur archaeologist.
- Charlie: Highlife's former bodyguard, now a Security Officer for Binary Transports.
- Jonas Calver: CEO of Brightside Corporation, inventor of the "sunwalker" mechanized transport.
- Tango: A pilot working for Binary Transports.
- Whiskey: An employee of Binary Transports, notable as an expert shot with starship weapons.
- Obsidian Way: an anti-technology cult the on the planet of Maltern’s Follylead by Tolvis Maltern.
- Sith Ascendancy: a Sith knowledge cult led by Darth Noblis and his apprentice, the Dark Lady Aldera
- The Assembly: a confederation of opportunistic, profit-taking Neimoidians who travel from star system to star system looking to extract the maximum advantage from unfortunate circumstances.
- Binary Transports, Inc.: A transport company based out of Zebulon Beta in the Vargis Tau System.
- BlasTech Industries: A leading weapons manufacturer.
- Brightside Corporation: An experimental venture by a Jonas Calver, a half-mad genius obsessed with exploiting the wealth of the sunward side of Ryloth. His "sunwalkers" are six-legged mechs capable of surviving extreme heat.
- DeadStar Salvage and Sales: A deep-space salvage (and rumored shipjacking) company operating out of Taris.
- Galactic Navidesigns: An upstart navicomputer corporation that excels at creating cutting edge computer systems, located on Ryloth.
- Infinite Horizons Inc.: The Outer Rim exploration and exploitation corporation owned by Lozek Otmorr and based on Zebulon Beta in the Vargis Tau System.
- Starfire Inc.: a wholly owned subsidiary of Czerka Corporation based on Zebulon Beta in the Vargis Tau System.
- Starrior Expeditions: A frontier, bushwhacking company that provides expedition support on Zebulon Prime in the Vargis Tau System.
- Burning Devils: A Twi'lek slaver gang operating in Kala'uun on Ryloth.
- Scarbrothers Swoop Bike Gang: a group of thugs operating out of Jolus.
- Wildcat Miners: A group of miners previously working out of Ord Brokell who were illegally mining gas.
- Clan Gargon: An ancient Mandalorian Clan who lead the assault on Ord Brokell.
- Clan Olan: a small Mandalorian clan known for their exceptional strike and scouting capabilities.
- Early Birds: a company of Republic troops lost during the Great Sith War.
- Roughnecks Militia: the local defense force of Ord Brokell, former Republic solders from the command of Erl Wyvron.
- Pirates of Zebulon: a group of Ship hijackers lead by Ral Duris who operate from Zebulon Prime.
- Pirates of the Dragon's Claw: A group of pirates operating in the Outer Rim, last seen in the Ghost Walk Nebula.
- Dream of the Forest: An Ithorian herdship focused on researching and cataloging lifeforms on the Outer Rim worlds.
- Augustus: a Rendili Hyperworks Praetorian-class Frigate, flagship of the Wildcat Miners fleet.
- DeadStar: A Gozanti-class cruiser-turned-deep space salvage ship rumored to be involved in shipjacking operations on the side.
- Profit Seeker: A battle freighter owned by the Assembly, a confederation of Neimodion traders and flagship of Hath Gunray.
- Relentless Fury: Flagship of the Clan Gargon Mandalorian fleet.
- Relentless: Republic cruiser in the Taris Sector.
- Starworm: a former Sith cruiser which was destroyed during the The Great Sith War. It is (questionably) the property of DeadStar Salvage and Sales.
Transports & Freighters
- Aeon Harrier: A 578-R Space Transport owned by Binary Transports, Inc..
- a.k.a. Space Guppy
- Cloudskimmer: A freighter owned by Binary Transports, Inc. named after Korinth Cloudskimmer.
- Dragon's Claw: A heavily armed and armored freighter owned by pirates operating in the Ghost Walk Cluster.
- Fallen Star: the personal starship of the Zabrakian bounty hunter Koth.
- Farthest Horizon: A star yacht owned by the Zabrakian entrepreneur Lozek Otmorr.
- Infinite Regress: A Ghtrok 720 freighter owned by Binary Transports, Inc., and currently serving as the company flagship.
- a.k.a. Grey Lurker
- Nar-Tolde: A Durosan freighter that went missing in the Outer Rim.
- The Pursuit: The personal starship of the bounty hunter and noble Lord Koro Lirin.
- Ruby Raptor: a Dynamic-class freighter owned by Starrior Expeditions (as per SotG p. 80, but with SR 25) and a second laser gun turret captained by Korinth Cloudskimmer. Lost with all hands will defeating the pirate Ral Duris.
- Obsidian Phoenix: a pirate vessel operating from a secret base on Zebulon Prime.
- Terrible Theologan: A ship that was destroyed by Ral Duris and his pirates.
- Victory: A Hammerhead-class cruiser destroyed during the Battle of Xarlat.
- Sith Uglies: a generic term for leftover Sith starfighters which have been salvaged and returned to use by several organizations throughout the galaxy.
- Ord Mantell: An ordinance world popular with Corellians, located in the Bright Jewel Cluster. It was located near Anobis in the Mid Rim.
Outer Rim Systems
- Elredd's Star: A red dwarf tidally bound to a super-sized gas giant known as a brown dwarf. Aside from a large dust cloud that can obscure sensors, there is nothing of value in this system.
- Zebulon, Vargis Tau System: A binary planet system, home of the campaign.
- Taris, Taris System
- Ryloth, Ryloth System
Outer Fringe Systems
Outer Fringe Systems will eventually become part of the Republic in later eras. During the KOTOR era, they are independent, frontier systems only loosely aligned with the Republic. Many are conquered during the Mandalorians during the Mandalorian Wars and become part of their short-lived empire.
- Maltern’s Folly, Voulk System: A remote Outer Rim planet home to a once lost, now-found colony of humans.
- Ghost Walk Cluster: The Ghost Walk Cluster is a remote Outer Rim cluster known for two things: is stunningly beautiful nebula remnants and the weak gravitational variations caused by interactions between the ancient stars that compose the cluster.
- The Shrouds: The shrouds are the ghostly remains of supernova explosions, the lead edge of shock waves created by the death of the oldest stars in the cluster These thin shrouds give the cluster its name and are largely unoccupied save for gas mining vessels up rare metals from the husks.
- Calek System: Home of the Deep Dream Mining Company. The Calek system’s primary is a blue giant; the swollen star devoured most of the inner planets of its star system, but its gas giants and white dwarf companion Calek II survived.
- The Burning Veil: The Dulsar System‘s namesake star is undergoing violent out-gassing that’s destroyed most of the planetary bodies in its system, and created a thin outer veil of relatively cool plasma.
- The Boomer Debris Field: A forgotten engagement between Republic forces and some unknown fleet – perhaps pirate, perhaps alien, perhaps something else entirely – took place in the null point between the blue giant Anteholo and the near-Main Sequence star Boron. All that remains are wrecks, asteroids and a haphazard mine field.
- The Haunt: The Haunt is a shadowport carved into the barely-habitable ice moon of Bor Nik Tros IV. The primary of the Bor Nik Tros system is an orange giant with a molted tangerine and crimson surface.
- Rock Garden of Qualis: The Rock Garden is an immense asteroid field orbiting the white dwarf Qualis. It is home to the a Jedi monastery known as the Monastery of Celestial Balance, or more simply, the Rock Garden.
- Ord Brokell II, Ord Brokell System: A former Republic ordinance depot that became a manufactoring hub for BlasTech Industries. It was conquered by the Mandalorians in the early days of the Mandalorian Wars
- Xarlat Nebula: A planetary nebula surrounding the dying red giant Talrax A and its white dwarf companion star, Talrax B. The system is not far from Yavin, now deep in Mandalorian space. The site of the Battle of Xarlat, which saw the Victory task force destroyed by Mandalorian raiders during the False War.