The Infinite Regress is the flagship of Binary Transports, Inc., a freighting and transport company that operates out of Jolus on Zebulon Beta in the Vargis Tau System. Known colloquially among the crew as "the turtle ship" (because of its distinctive turtle-like appearance), the Infinite Regress began life as a pirate vessel operated by the pirate lord Ral Duris and the Pirates of Zebulon. Known then as the Grey Lurker, the ship was badly damaged in a fight with a would-be victim and forced to return to her home base on Zebulon Prime. A number of Jedi padawans from the Unified Force Academy infiltrated this base, leading the way for a colonial militia strike force to capture the base and the ship. The ship was later put up for public auction, at which point Binary Transports bought the vessel and renamed her the Infinite Regress.
The ship's name refers to a theory of the universe which states that the world rests on a giant turtle. When asked what supports the turtle, a proponent of the theory said "it's turtles all the way down".
Infinite Regress Ghtroc 720 Freighter Colossal Space Transport Init: -7; Senses: Perception: +0 Defenses: Ref 15 (Flat-footed 12), Fort 25, +12 Armor HP: 110, DR: 15, SR: 15, Threshold: 75 Speed: Fly 12 squares (max. velocity 750 km/h), fly 2 squares (starship scale) Ranged: Double light laser cannon (x2) (pilot* & gunnner) Atk: +1 (-4 autofire), Dmg: 4d10×2 Fighting Space: 12 x 12 or 1 Square (starship scale); Cover: Total Base Attack: +0, Grp: +34 Atk Options: autofire (laser cannons) Abilities: Str 40, Dex 16, Con –, Int 13 Skills: Initiative -7, Mechanics +0, Perception +0, Pilot -7, Use Computer +0 Crew: 2 (normal); Passengers: 10 Cargo: 135 tons; Consumables: 2 months Carried Craft: None Hyperdrive: x2 (Backup x15), Hotwire 2000 Navicomputer Extras: Combat Thrusters, Docking Clamp Availability: Licensed; Cost: 26,400
* Pilot mounted weapon is used, because of this it jams on a 1 or 2
- Smuggling Compartments: As the ship used to be a pirate vessel, it had these built in. BT converted one of these into a weapons locker with a high security lock. Note, all weapons are licensed.
- Zulen Tek upgrades: Zulen has engineered several of the ship's systems to maximize the ship's performance (+2 DEX; included in the stat block).
- Personalized Controls: The controls have been modified by Highlife to better suit his piloting skills (grants Highlife a +1 to piloting rolls).
- Hotwire 2000 Navicomputer: BT has mounted an prototype navicomputer built by Galactic Navidesigns into the Regress (grants +2 to hyperspace "hot jumps").
- "Nose Art": The Regress has a painting outside the bridge section of the ship depicting a scantily clothed female Twi'lek. The painting was done by a group of Twi'lek strippers as a thank you for Binary Transports assistance in their rescue. While it's not very professional, its come to be a point of pride to the crew of Binary Transports, so they have chosen to keep it.