The Infinite Regress is the flagship (actually the only operating ship) of Binary Transports, Inc., a freighting and transport company that operates out of Jolus on Zebulon Beta in the Vargis Tau System. Known colloquially among the crew as "the turtle ship" (because of its distinctive turtle-like appearance), the Infinite Regress began life as a pirate vessel operates by the pirate lord Ral Duris. Then known as the Grey Lurker, the ship was badly damaged in a fight with a would-be victim and forced to return to her home base on Zebulon Prime. A number of Jedi padawans from the Unified Force Academy infiltrated this base, leading the way for a colonial militia strike force to capture the base and the ship. The ship was later put up for public auction, at which point Binary Transport bought the vessel and renamed her the Infinite Regress.
The ship's name refers to a theory of the universe which states that the world rests on a giant turtle. When asked what supports the turtle, a proponent of the theory said "it's turtles all the way down".
Aeon Harrier Amalgamated Hyperdyne 578-R Colossal Space Transport Init: -7; Senses: Perception: +0 Defenses: Ref 15 (Flat-footed 13), Fort 25, +12 Armor HP: 110, DR: 15, SR: 15, Threshold: 75 Speed: Fly 12 squares (max. velocity 750 km/h), fly 2 squares (starship scale) Ranged: Double light laser cannon (x2) (pilot* & gunnner) Atk: +1 (-4 autofire), Dmg: 4d10×2 Fighting Space: 12 x 12 or 1 Square (starship scale); Cover: Total Base Attack: +0, Grp: +34 Atk Options: autofire (laser cannons) Abilities: Str 40, Dex 16, Con –, Int 13 Skills: Initiative -7, Mechanics +0, Perception +0, Pilot -7, Use Computer +0 Crew: 2 (normal); Passengers: 10 Cargo: 135 tons; Consumables: 2 months Carried Craft: None Hyperdrive: x2 (Backup x15), navicomputer Extras: Combat Thrusters, Docking Clamp Availability: Licensed; Cost: 26,400
* Pilot mounted weapon is used, and jams on a 1 or 2
- Smuggling Compartments: As the ship used to be a pirate vessel, it had these built in. BT converted one of these into a weapons locker with a high security lock. Note, all weapons are licensed.
- Zulen Tek upgrades: Zulen has engineered several of the ship's systems to maximize the ship's performance (+2 DEX; included in the stat block).
- Personalized Controls: The controls have been modified by Highlife to better suit his piloting skills (grants Highlife a +1 to piloting rolls).
- Hotwire 2000 Navicomputer: BT has mounted an prototype navicomputer into the Regress (grants +2 to hyperspace "hot jumps")