Known in Jedi circles as an infinitely patient master, Icarus Orden was also a sworn pacifist, one who felt that using the Force for attack was tantamount to embracing the Dark Side of the Force. He was the master of the Jedi Temple of Tarl, located in that planet's sole city of Lenk. There he guarded the Eye of the Dragon, a powerful and ancient Force artifact, until it was looted by attacking Mandalorians.
He steadfastly refused to fight the Mandalorians, who'd come to the world exclusively to provoke him and his followers into a fight during the waning days of the Mandalorian's Outer Rim Offensive (the prelude the the Mandalorian's False War and the subsequent Mandalorian Wars).
After the Mandalorians took the Eye of the Dragon, the massive mega-hurricane that had surrounded and protected Lenk for generations de-stablized. The city had already suffered heavy damage during a Mandalorian orbital bombardment; the suddenly erratic storm destroyed the rest.
Icarus Orden has not been seen since the Mandalorian attack on Tarl, but it is believed that he has dedicated his time and energy to helping the Tarl-gar (the near-human sentients native to the world) recover from the attack.
Jedi Master Icarus Orden CL 13
Medium Human (middle aged) Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 5/Jedi Master 1
Force 9, Strong in the Force
Init +14; Senses Improved Sense Surroundings; Perception +18
Languages Basic, Ithorese
Defenses Ref 30 (flat-footed 27), Fort 27, Will 29; At Peace, Block, Deflect, Lightsaber Defense, The Will to Resist, Wary Defender
hp 30; second wind +7/15; Threshold 27
Immune fear effects
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +16 (2d8+6)
Ranged by weapon +16
Base Atk +13; Grp +16
Special Actions At Peace, Damage Reduction 10, Feel the Force, Force Focus, Lightsaber Defense, serenity, The Will to Resist Force Powers Known (Use The Force +24) Force stun (2), inspire, negate energy (2), sever Force, vital transfer, barrier of blades, circle of shelter
Force Techniques Improved Force Stun, Improved Sense Surroundings
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 17
Special Qualities build lightsaber
Talents At Peace, Block, Damage Reduction 10, Deflect, Feel the Force, Force Focus, Lightsaber Defense, The Will to Resist Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3), Improved Defenses, Skill Focus (Perception, Use the Force), Strong in the Force, Wary Defender, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple)
Primary Skills Acrobatics +14, Initiative +14, Perception +18, Use the Force +24
Secondary Skills Climb +6, Deception +9, Endurance +6, Gather Information +9, Jump +6, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +7, Knowledge (galactic lore) +7, Knowledge (life sciences) +7, Knowledge (physical sciences) +7, Knowledge (social sciences) +7, Knowledge (tactics) +7, Knowledge (technology) +7, Mechanics +7, Persuasion +9, Pilot +9, Ride +9, Stealth +9, Survival +8, Swim +6, Treat Injury +8, Use Computer +7
- Strong in the Force: d8 Force points instead of d6.
- Wary Defender: +2 to Fortitude Defense and Will Defense whilst fighting defensively.
- At Peace: Spend a Force point to gain +2 to all defenses until the encounter ends or you attack.
- Block: Use the Force check vs. attack roll to negate an attack.
- Damage Reduction 10: Spend a Force Point to gain DR 10 for 1 minute as a standard action.
- Deflect: Use the Force check vs. attack roll to negate an attack.
- Feel the Force: Spend a Force Point as a standard action to ignore all concealment for 1 minute.
- Force Focus: Make a DC 15 Use the Force check to regain a spent Force power as a full round action. Lightsaber Defense: Gain +1 to Reflex Defense as a swift action until your next turn.
- The Will to Resist: Once per turn, upon being targeted by an ability targeting your Will Defense, make a Use the Force check to replace your Will Defense and take a -5 penalty on all Use the Force checks until the end of your next turn.
- Force stun (2): Move a target down the condition track. Time: Standard action. Target: One creature within 6 squares. Make a Use the Force check; compare the result against the target’s Will Defense. If the result equals or exceeds the DC, the enemy moves -1 step down the condition track.
- Inspire: Grant nearby allies a bonus to Will Defense against mind-affecting and fear effects. DC 20: +2 to Will Defense and feature; DC 25: +5, DC 30: +10
- Negate Energy (2): Time: Reaction; Target: One opponent; Make a Use the Force check. If it equals or exceeds the amount of damage dealt, you negate the attack. Spend a Force point to regain damage equal to the damage dealt. Sever Force: Block a target’s access to the Force
- Vital transfer: Heal another by taking damage to yourself.
- Barrier of blades (lightsaber form power): Replace your Reflex Defense against non-area ranged attacks with your Use the Force check. Time: Swift; Make a Use the Force check – until the start of your next turn, you can use the result of your Use the Force check in place of your Reflex defense against non-area attacks.
- Circle of shelter (lightsaber form power): Grant yourself and adjacent allies a bonus to Reflex Defense. Time: Standard; Targets: You plus all adjacent allies. DC 20: +1 deflection bonus to Reflex, DC 25; +2; DC 30: +5